Sign Up To Receive Our Latest Offers By Email
Car Safety Checks
Car safety checks by friendly experts in your local area
If you're planning a long trip, a car safety check is highly-recommended for your peace of mind on the road, and your safety. However, it's really important to have your car checked by someone who's honest, knowledgeable and experienced – like the mechanics at each one of our Car Care Centres.
With garages all over the UK, you'll be able to find a customer-rated Unipart garage in your local area to carry out safety checks quickly and affordably.
What's covered by a car safety check?
To ensure that your car is prepared for whatever weather and road conditions you and your family encounter, we'll carry out the following checks:
- Brakes – too much wear to the pads can compromise brake function – and your safety
- Battery – your battery should hold a good charge, enough to get your car started wherever you are
- Lights – essential for your safety, and the safety of other road users, especially in the winter months
- Tyres – badly worn or wrongly-inflated tyres can cause skidding, or may even blow out while you're driving
- Oil levels – insufficient oil could cause your engine to seize, leaving you stranded and vulnerable
- Anti-freeze – without anti-freeze, your water-cooling system could freeze in cold weather, causing engine damage and over-heating
- Windscreen heaters – having a clear view through both your windscreens is essential to safe driving. We'll check to make sure your de-misters are fully functioning
When should I book a car safety check?
The most common time for our customers to book a safety check is in early to mid autumn. The colder, wetter weather, and lack of daylight is a big enough challenge on its own, without having to contend with a poorly-equipped car.
But if you're planning a long trip, especially one that involves taking your car abroad, a safety check before you go is strongly advised, and could save you not only money while you're away, but a lot of stress and inconvenience, too.
Click to find a reputable, customer-recommended car care centre in your local area today